Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Tat!"


Many of you know this story, but for those of you who don't, let me tell you. This 'tat' and Joseph have become best buds. Last week, it was a beautiful day, so I asked Joseph if he wanted to go play in the backyard. I had to feed Christian, so I told Joseph that I would join him outside as soon as I was done. Joseph then decided that he didn't like that idea and became Mr. Grumpy Gills. He started whining and getting really mad because I wouldn't come out. I told him he needed to go sit on his bed and when he was ready to join Christian and I and have a good attitude, he could come out. (He had also just woken up from his nap, so he isn't always the sweetest little cherry right after waking up.) Back to our story; I walked out of his room and made myself comfortable in the living room and started nursing Christian. It couldn't have been 5 minutes and out comes running Joseph grinning ear to ear. I thought to myself, "that was a quick turn around." Then whoosh, out runs this cat from under the couch. My only reaction was to scream because I wasn't expecting it at all! I stood up real fast and opened the back door and out he ran. Joseph then followed saying, "tat, tat." He played outside with the cat for a good while and then wanted me to join him outside. We went through the whole "I need to feed Christian, then...." thing again and while doing so, in came the cat again!! I just wanted that yucky thing out of my house. (Yes, I am more of a dog person). I ran through the house closing doors trying to refrain from the cat getting under the beds and end up not coming out. Joseph was just loving this pet in our house. He was following him and petting and bonding....well, I finally got the cat out the front door and kept Joseph inside. Oh man, you should have seen the tears. Joseph ran to the back windows screaming and crying for this stray animal. I videoed it because it was just priceless, but after watching it, I felt bad videoing this totally distraught child. Fast forward to these pictures...his buddy reappeared again this weekend and they bonded once again. The cat just goes right up to him and rubs on him and lets Joseph pick him up. The first picture, Joseph was kissing the cat...blah!
*I wish I could have seen Joseph's face when he saw the cat in his room. I bet it was priceless. He loves animals which is unfortunate because I can't see us ever having one.*

No comments: