Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Beach Day

This past weekend, we thought it would be a great idea to join our friends Mark, Megan and a group called ODP (Outdoor Projects) at the beach. We have taken Christian to Schlitterbahn and NRH2O this summer and both times he was an angel. Well, Saturday, I think he was just tired of being in the heat. It was a very warm day and he just wasn't happy about being there. We stayed for about 3 hours, and that was plenty. I would love to go back before it gets too cold, but just take Joseph because he loved it! On the way back, Jeff asked me, "What were we thinking?" Meaning, why did we ever think that would work with Christian. For not getting in the water or playing in the sand, he was very sandy. Joseph wanted to touch Christian's mouth, head, body and I was constantly telling him to not do that. One time I got Christian out of the stroller and then Joseph climbed in...covered in nasty beach water and sand. Grrrr. Now where do I put my little guy?!? I guess life is about experiences and we learned a lot from this one.

No comments: