Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Nathan at 15 months

Have mercy, first my middle-baby turns 3, then my baby-baby turns 15 months! I don't think I can take it!
Oh Nathan, what a character you have been for our family. We feel so blessed to have you as the baby of the family, but man, do you give me a workout!
You can have such a sweet spirit at times, but then there are times you can be, lets see, how should I put this? Ahem, Mr.GRUM.PY.GILLS. But what can I say? I love you so much that I could eat you up.
Nathan, at 15 months:
  • You LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEE bath time.

  • You also love to drink the water from the faucet as the tub is filling up.
  • You enjoy the swings at the park.
  • At your 15 month check up, you weighed 23.63lbs (36%) and were 30in (17%). You are three pounds heavier than Christian was at this age, but you two are the exact same length.
  • You are anemic. You were anemic at 12 months and were prescribed iron, but we were only consistent with giving it to you for about a month . Now at this appointment, your levels were lower than they were at 12 months, so back to taking that nasty iron medicine.
  • You still struggle with asthma. When you get colds or virus' it seems like they immediately settle in your lungs so away we go with the albuterol.
  • You have really beefed up. From 4-9 months you only gained 3 lbs and were only in the 1% for weight. Then all of a sudden around one year, you started eating like crazy and drinking whole milk. You are a chunker now! You are only a few ounces smaller than what Joseph was at this age, which is so hard for me to believe!
  • You wear size 12month pants and 12month or 18months shirts.
  • You wear size 4 shoe.
  • You are in size 4 diaper.
  • You, errr, I mean 'I' have transitioned you into one nap most of the time. You were taking two short naps up to about two weeks ago, but I don't think you were getting a lot of rest and you were super grumpy. Now you take one nap at 1p and that has been great. You sleep anywhere from 2-3 hrs and are a HAPPY baby afterwards.
  • You love your milk.
  • You have recently started drinking from a straw, so you love to get sips of my Sonic drinks.
  • You love grapes, apples, blueberries and pineapple.
  • You eat cheerios, eggs, or pancakes almost everyday for breakfast.
  • You like grilled cheese sandwiches.
  • You like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. (Which I am super excited about these last two because your brothers never have liked either kind of these sandwiches.)
  • You love balls. You will play catch with anyone who is willing.
  • You don't really watch cartoons yet.
  • You go to bed around 7:15-8 at night and sleep until about 7:30-(sometimes)8:30.
  • You have taken a few steps here and there these past few weeks. Tonight was the most you have taken (4). I'm not too worried about this since your brothers were late walkers too.
  • You LOVE.YOUR.MIMI! When she is holding you, you won't come to me. You even tell me 'no' when I come to get you.
  • You love dogs and cats.
  • Words you can say: Mama, Dada, Joe, Go, Dog, Cat, No, Uh-oh, Bible, Bite, Ball, Hi, Bye
  • You can: Play peek-a-boo, you can dribble a basketball, and you play 'timber' on the bed. (Don't worry, I have all these on video and they may just make an appearance on this here blog). 'Timber' is where you are sitting on the bed and we say, "tiiiiiiimmmmmber" and you fall back. You can wave, clap and kiss on command.
  • You are getting better about staying in the nursery at church and community group.
  • You can stand up in the middle of the room without holding onto anything.


Here are some pictures I took at the park to mark his 15 months.


  • Oh, you love to eat rocks at the park and I am pretty sure you swallow a rock or piece of dirt at least once a day. Below, you are showing me the rock that's in your hands and that you will more than likely sneak in your mouth when I'm not looking.


  • You are a big babbler/talker like Joseph was at this age. Here in this picture you are telling me something.

  • Below, you are actually making a grunting sound at me because I was trying to take pictures of you. I kept telling you to look at me and I think you just got tired of it.

  • You like to pick up toys. One day I was playing with Joseph in your room, Dada was in the living room with Christian and I saw you crawl to the older boys rooms and could hear you putting the cars in the bucket. Later in the day, I heard Dada say to Christian, "Lets go pick up your cars," and when they went in their room, he said, "Oh, someone already did." You take after Joseph and Mama with this.



  • Some days you can go from this......

  • ...to this...
  • All three of you boys have slept like this and I wanted to document it. (I had the setting on Manuel focus, so that's why it's super blurry.)

Sweet Nathan, you will be two before we know it. Love you little man and I can't wait for these next milestones that are coming.

No comments: