Wednesday, February 1, 2012

C-Bear's Third Birthday Party

For some weird reason, I really just want Joseph to grow up. I know that may sound a little weird, so let me explain. I love looking forward to the next things in life for Joseph. First, it was potty training, then it was getting into his big boy bed, then it was learning to ride a bike, and all the things coming up, like, starting school, playing sports, meeting new friends, going to high school, then going to college...etc, you guys get the idea by now.
But for the other two, I really want them to be my babies forever! When we transitioned Christian into Joe's room, I was sad. Then when we potty trained, I was bummed. Now, celebrating his third birthday! How in the heck is that possible? I don't mean to sound cliche, but I am convinced it was yesterday, I went over to my sister in law, Courtney's house, to hold Phillip who has just been born the day before and I was going in the next day to be induced to have Christian. It has gone by way too fast.
Tomorrow is C-bears actual birthday so I will be posting his stats, likes, phases after his three year check up. So for now, he are some snap shots of his (and Phillip's) special day.



I think this is going to be a new tradition for my boy's birthday parties; having a pinata to whack open. Poor kid, at a little bit of a disadvantage with his cast.
June was the one who whacked it open. You go girl!Christian listening to his card. When opened, it plays the song from Cars, "Life is a Highway.."His first pair of cowboy boots. Thanks Mimi and Papaw!!Still, at a disadvantage while eating. He gets the cast off Monday.
The birthday boys.We did a superhero theme for their party. We had a combination of Spiderman, Batman, Iron Man and Captain America. We had it at our house and had family, plus the Selby's (which we consider family :-) ).
I love when friends and family show my boys love!Nice thing about having a trampoline is that we don't have to do bouncy houses anymore!I must say, I love these low key parties. The boys have so much fun and there isn't too much stress on the parents. The nice thing about combining the parties is that you have help! So thank you Kyle and Courtney for making the yummy sliders!
I am curious as to what Christian will prefer next year. It was when Joseph turned 4 that he told me what exactly wanted to do for his birthday.
Happy 3rd birthday to my (one of my) superhero, C-bear!

No comments: