Friday, June 22, 2012

Father's Day 2012

It seems like yesterday that Jeff and I were sitting at Brennan's celebrating our first year anniversary and talking about when was a good time to start a family. We knew we wanted 3-4 kids and we wanted them close. I just remember the butterflies in my stomach just thinking about all the responsibility that comes with having a child and raising them up to love and honor God.

The first time I ever really saw Jeff interacting with children was after we first got married and we were around our 2 nephews at the time. Yes, there were only two kids on the Kirklin side of the family, now it is going to be 11 in January! Jeff was such a great uncle. Tender, loving, playful, everything you would want for a "fun uncle."

When he first became a father, December 21, 2006, I never dreamed of how amazing of a father he would be. When I had complications during delivery and Joseph came out looking horrible, Jeff kept it all together and remained calm and encouraging. With the circumstances, I wasn't able to hold Joseph right after he was born. He was carted away to the NICU for evaluations and more intense care. As soon as Jeff was given the chance, he went to see his first born and immediately returned with a camera full of pictures so I could see our son and talked about how beautiful he was. It was love at first sight for this first time daddy. That love, peace, and joy has continued from that day, unitl now and I am certain it will continue for the rest of his life.

 This past Father's Day, I kept thinking of the country song by George Strait, "It's a love without end amen." There is one part of the song, that says, "Father's don't just love their children every now and then, it's a love without end amen." This songs reminds me of Jeff and how he father's his sons. He is their hero, mentor, playmate, coach, disciplinarian, teacher, reptile catching buddy (cause you know I ain't touchin' them things), fishing buddy, and friend. These boys love their daddy so much, and our hope is that their love and respect that they have for their earthly father will mold into a relationship with the same amount of love and respect for their Heavenly Father.

So, to comemorate this special day, we tried/attempted pictures and it was a huge success. Yes, a success, because they are all three in the picture and sort of all looking in the same direction. That is a successful picture nowadays.



 Big brother's are awesome! Trying to help with the little ones and keep them seated long enough for me to snap the picture.
 It can get a little rough sometimes. Like, pushing his head down so he will stay seated.



 My pouty three year old. He wanted to close his eyes for the pictures and I frown upon that.


 This is the interaction I had with my three year old for the picture below:
Me: Christian, sit down, I can't see you.
Christian: Yeah you can.
Me: No, I can't.



Happy's Father's Day to an amazing Dada!! This house full of boys wouldn't be as peaceful and smooth sailing if it weren't for your presence.

No comments: