Thursday, June 28, 2012

Commenting Challenge: Day 4


Of all the years that I have blogged, I don't think I have ever blogged four consecutive days. This has been enjoyable for me participating in the blog commenting challenge from Jenna's Journey.

For the past four days, Jenna has put up a topic to blog  about as a means to maybe connect other bloggers. Today's topic is about my hobbies and what I like to do in my free time.

As many of you could probably guess, being a mother of three boys, 5 and under, there really isn't much free time. I am in no way complaning or grumbling about that. My husband and I have always wanted kids, so we know the craziness of our schedules and the little down time is only a season and will pass before we know it.

With that being said, we do get pockets of free time here and there. In fact, twice a month, we have date night. Just me and my hubby, no kids! It is something we look forward to every single month. When we have date night, one of our favorite things to do is eat! With only one income being brought in, eating out is a real treat for us and something we choose not to do much being a family of 5. We have tried restraunting with the boys, but it isn't that much fun. I mean, the boys behave, but it's just crazy trying to keep three boys seated for an extended period of time, make them eat and not waste the $10 meal that is in front of them.

Some other hobbies are: hanging out with my husband, Jeff. He is my best friend and I enjoy his company more than anyone else's. We 'get' each other and it's so much fun being around a person who you quote your favorite shows to and they will get it and just plain be yourself and you don't have to worry about being judged.

Reading, well, I am not what you would call a 'reader'. I mean, I can read, and if I get my hands on a good book, I have difficulty putting it down. However, I can start a book and it can take me a year and half to finish it. I love non-fiction books the best. Some of my all time faves are: What was asked of Us, Between a Rock and a Hard place, Quiet Strength, Going Public, and anything Mark Driscoll writes.

One of my favorite things to do after the boys are put to bed, is to sit down and watch a DVD of one of our favorite shows: The Office, Scrubs and The New Adventures of the Old Christine.  I seriously could watch these shows over and over. We also enjoy watching documentaries from NetFlix streaming. Some of my favorites are military documentaries.

Playing, doing some kind of activity, or going/watching sports is also something I love to do. Even though I am not a huge fan of professional sports, I won't turn down free tickets or an invite. Unless, of course, we have scheduling conflicts. I do however, enjoy playoffs for any professional sport. I feel by the time the players get to the World Series, Superbowl, etc, the players are playing their game for what it is and not about their selves. My favorite sports to watch are college football and basketball. Every Saturday in the Fall, we have our tv on with some college football game. My boys really love this! Then when March Madness gets here, I am always super stoked. Some of my favorite teams to watch are: Texas A&M (Only because I went there...), Duke, and Kentucky.

I also enjoy playing tennis, putt putt, arcades, pool, and bowling. Some date nights, Jeff and I will go do some of these things just because they are so fun and a little more difficult to do with three extra little bodies. We have also gone to an indoor trampoline park and a water park for dates and getaway weekends.

Even though I don't devote a lot of my time to these things, I really do enjoy doing them: photography and crafting. I love pintrest, so when I see something cute on there to do for my house or to have as a keepsake for the boys, I will usually try to do it. As for photography, when our 3 year old was 8 months, we finally took the plunge and invested in a really awesome camera. I have really enjoyed having it, but have never taken classes to really learn how to use the camera well. It has been more of a self-taught thing and it seems like everyone nowadays has their own photography business, and I have several relatives and close friends that are very good with their cameras, so they have taught me little things here and there to help me take decent pictures.

As far as hobbies go, that is about it for me. Nothing really exciting, for now anyway.

See you tomorrow....

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your boys are adorable. =) I know how you feel about date nights. They are VERY few and far between for us. =) Love your blog! Stopping in from Jenna's Journey.

Julie Rogers said...

I can't even find time with two kids, much less three! Know how you feel:)

-Julie
http://ww.thechirpingmoms.com

The Lovely One said...

I am also addicted to Pinterest! I love it!

I would have to say my only hobby besides blogging is reading. I try to read a new book every couple of weeks.