Thursday, April 23, 2009

What a past couple of days we have had. Tuesday, my mom had to work, so I was by myself with the boys. My dad called and asked if we wanted to come in to town and join him for lunch. We were more than happy about the invite so we went and joined him for lunch at El Chico's. After that, I took the boys to Target and picked up a few things. That evening, my dad grilled out and my sister and brother in law joined us for dinner. (Thank you dad for the dinner, mom and dad for the gift, and Stacey for the cake!)
Wednesday, my mom was off so we went to the Dallas Children's Museum. It was such a blast and I believe Joseph really enjoyed it. He loved the water area and loved staring at all the kids (Field Trip Season ). I have learned one thing about him recently, he is a MAJOR people watcher. I have to constantly turn his head and get him back on track with what he was doing. What is really funny is when he is staring someone down and runs into walls and poles. This usually leads to people laughing, him getting super embarrassed and then mad. After the museum, we drove to my mom's work which was about 5 minutes away. We ate lunch at the hospital and then went to her floor so she could show off her grandsons. They were loved by all ;-). She also gave me a tour of her new unit and showed me the pictures that are up of Joseph, myself, and of Jeff. I think it is pretty cool that my mom gets to see her grandson on the wall from where she works.
Thursday, Aunt Stacey took off and joined in on the fun. We drove to Grapevine and had lunch with my mom , Stacey and of course, the boys at the Rainforest Cafe. Joseph loves animals, and more specifically, Safari animals. I don't know why I haven't taken him to this restaurant sooner, but he absolutely loved it! Our table was by some gorillas, or as he says 'ohla's,' so that was really fun for him to see them go off occasionally. Christian did really good too...his eyes were saucers pretty much the entire time. After a wonderful lunch and many gifts from the gift shop (thanks Aunt Stacey and Grammy!), we headed over to Sam Moon Trading Co. This is an awesome place to get accessories, purses, bags, luggage and many other things for discounted prices. We walked away with tons of new things...more than we probably needed. My mom blessed me with two bags that I intend to use as my diaper bags. I picked out a large one for my everyday diaper bag and then a smaller bag to be used for restaurants or quick trips.
We have been blessed so much this week and we hate to see it come to an end. Tomorrow, we are going to meet Papaw for lunch and then go to a bowling alley in the afternoon. Aunt Stacey took Friday off as well to come and play with us...by the way, Joseph adores his Aunt Stacey. He wouldn't let her leave on Thursday and throughout the day he would just walk over to her, grab her and kiss her. So stinkin' cute!
I heard from Jeff and he is in Paris. If everything goes according to plan, he will be in Houston at 6 :30 p. He said he has a lot of funny stories to tell and some good pictures to show me. I can't wait. Please pray for his safety.

No comments: