Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Potty Training: Day 2

Today was a successful day in my opinion. C did great. Only a hand full of accidents, but progress is progress.

I usually don't like to go anywhere the first week we are potty training, but I had already made plans to have one of Jeff's aunts watch Nathan so I could take the older two to a movie, before I had decided to potty train. Last week when I noticed we were on the last sleeve of diapers, I decided to go ahead and potty train since I didn't want to get anymore diapers. That was the only reason we went out today.

However, Christian did great. I put him in a pull-up, took him to the bathroom before we left and as soon as we got to the movies. Halfway through the movie he was saying something. I asked if he wanted popcorn, nope that wasn't it. I asked if he wanted the drink? Nope. I asked if he wanted the candy? Nope. Then I asked if he had to go potty? Yes. I was so proud. We all went to the potty together and he went. He did the same thing at the very end of the movie too. PROGRESS!!

Going #2 hasn't been that great. He has had no interest going in the toilet, so this is going to be tricky. This was one thing Joseph did great with when we trained him, so this is a new challenge for me. Christian went twice in his underwear and then after dinner, I waited about 40 minutes and just sat him on the pot for about 10 minutes. Nothing. I did the same thing about 40 minutes later. Nothing.

My hope is that tomorrow he will finally go in the toilet. But as for today it was a good day. Instead of going every 20-25 minutes, like yesterday, he was pushing 40 minutes today and both yesterday and today during nap times, stayed dry.

Yahoo for progress!

No comments: